Have you ever wanted to be a Real Estate Agent?
A Real Estate Agent is someone who assists people with the process of buying, selling, and renting land, homes, and other properties.
From the outside, the life of a real estate agent looks very glam and glitz but as you come closer you will notice the amount of hard work and effort that goes into being one.
If you are looking to kickstart your career as a real estate agent, first and foremost let’s discuss what the job title entails:
1. A real estate agent advises clients on mortgages, market conditions, and pricing
2. Advises sellers on how they can make their homes more attractive to buyers
3. Compare properties to determine fair and competitive market prices
4. Generate lists of appropriate properties for buyers based on their price range and needs
5. Guide buyers and sellers through the transaction
6. Manage lists of contacts
7. Mediate negotiations between buyers and sellers
8. Prepare and submit all required paperwork, including various contracts
9. Show properties to prospective buyers
10. Stay current with real estate laws and trends
Lastly, agents have to sometimes work nights and weekends to accommodate their clients’ needs.
To be a successful real estate agent, especially in Dubai where the market is competitive you must remember the following:
Your success as a real estate agent depends on your ability to maintain a professional presence and your image is reflected by:
1. Your appearance – Dress smartly and neatly and wear proper makeup, accessories, and attire always.
2. Good eye contact and a confident demeanour. Be mindful, engaging, and respectful.
3. Be persuasive with your clients but also respectful of professional boundaries.
4. Your marketing material should have professional images and precise language free of grammatical and spelling errors.
5. An active social media page can go a long way to help you in securing more leads and potential clients.
Working as a real estate agent comes with many challenges and there may be times when you will want to give up but you must always remember to keep going!
Silver Oak Properties is always looking for young and bright talent to join our team of skilled Real Estate Agents.
If you are interested, please contact us now to work with us!